The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,317
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#572817 09/09/2009 6:20 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 74
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 74
I think my '62 dually has a 5.14 gear ratio and I want to go to a 4.57 gear. I don't have the truck at home right to look, should I expect to find a tag on the rear with a code for the gear ratio? Will 4.57 gears from a '63 one ton swap into the '62 housing using the '62 axles, etc?

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
The pumpkins should swap. I vaguely remember something about splines. The 3/4 tons used an HO52 and the 1 ton an HO72. You should find model, ratio, etc., stamped in the axle housing to the left of the pumpkin. This question comes up often, so do a search for Eaton and see what comes up.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0