The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, jmoore, NorCal52Suburban, Donf), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,208
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#57035 02/25/2006 12:38 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
I bought a dual pulley for my water pump in order to add power steering. It is for a 250 Chevy. I have a fan blade (4 blade ) that I thought was off my 250, but could have been from a 230. The bolt pattern for the blade and pulley don't match. Any insight here?

#57036 02/25/2006 1:37 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I have seen water pumps w/both patterns-as well as fans & pulleys w/both patterns, I'm not sure when thewy changed, but I believe the later pattern is the larger of the 2. brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
#57037 02/25/2006 5:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
All the aftermarket blades have a universal mounting arrangement so you may want to buy a fiberglass or aluminum blade. Just make sure it has room to flex without hitting your radiator.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
#57038 02/25/2006 11:04 PM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 218
After thinking it over, and realizing the aftermarket\universal ones are slotted, I made slots on my old fan blade to make it fit.

Thanks guys


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0