The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (GDW, Gdads51, ‘37ChevyPU, Shaffer's1950), 119 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
Tim Imus
Bellingham Wa.

I bought it two years ago,it had been slammed, had no wiring and you couldn't drive it over 20mph. Today it has all new suspension, brakes, new wiring harness, Tires,Three rows of seats have been freshly reupholstered to original, it has(I believe a 235cid, otherwise pretty much stock.



http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/fldllc/1950Suburban030.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/fldllc/1950Suburban028_2.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/fldllc/1950Suburban007.jpg

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab59/fldllc/1950Chevy002.jpg

Last edited by J Lucas; 08/17/2009 5:48 AM.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
You sure know how to get a guys attention! Nice, and I love the horn...or is that a siren smile


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
Thanks, that's a picture right after I bought it, since then the "siren/horn" has gone by the wayside, the firewall/engine compartment has been cleaned up,holes filled a lot more sanitary these days! The other picture with the suspension dropped is again right after I bought and nearly wrecked my new toy getting it home from the auto transporter, I ended calling a flatbed and had towed the rest of the way.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 403
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 403
Are you sure it is a 235 cubic inch engine?
Looks posiably like a 194 ci eng. Not sure though.
62Blue
Don


62Blue
62Chevy in progress
You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Wow!! What a stunningly handsome truck!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
You lucky...lucky....man! thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 403
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 403
That looks like a very sweet ride you have there!
62 Blue
Don


62Blue
62Chevy in progress
You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach3" Paul F Crichmore (Test Pilot)
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
nice looking burb,I agree it's not a 235 engine.


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 23
OK, after checking into it I found out it's a mid 70's 250cid... mystery solved!


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0