Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Shaffer's1950, cmayna, 2 invisible),
122
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,286 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | I am ready to paint the interior of my truck and I can't find out what the factory color should be and if the dash is different than the side,kick,back and door panels. I have a factory color chip sheet for the exterior but I hit a dead end trying to get anything on the interior, Right now it appears to be a new coat of Bombay Ivory, but under that, in the scratches and missed places is an almost fine metalic tan or beige, I am not sure about the metalic but it isn't just a gloss tan. Anyone know where I can get info on interior paint colors and layout? Thanks, Al
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 |
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | interior paint layout [seat and door panel inserts optional] - from a low mileage originalBill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | Thanks for the paint layout. Do you know what the name of the paint color is? That seems to be the same color that I uncovered but I can't find the name of it on any of the paint chip sheets. I have also seen sales brochures that show a white interior with the exterior color on the dash and the widow sills on the doors. Have you ever seen this and was it a stock option? Thanks for the help.
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | Dear Bruce K. What is a PM? Thanks for the help
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | don't have a chip sheet that names the interior colors for 59 .... the only white interior I've ever heard of would be the cameo, but there wasn't one in 59 - never seen exterior color inside otherwise, and never seen a truck with window surround a different color than the rest of the interior - was the brochure actual photos, or "artists conceptions"? is it on the net or in your possession so you could scan it for us? [and for Kieth's site] PM's are 'private messages', available up top, or check 'MyStuff' Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | I know less about scanning and linking out to a picture than working on old trucks. give me some time and I will get it figured out.
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | Dear Bill I have done a little research. I bought an old original "Truck Data Book specifications catalog for Chevrolet Salesmen". On the Cabs and Bodies page;Interiors it shows your truck with the plaid panel inserts in the doors and the dark dashboard top. The copy says "The instrument panel is finished in handsome charcoal and silver-beige enamels, with the crown of the panel having a glare proof crinkle finish. Blue or green enamels replace the silver beige finish in Custom Cabs when blue or green upholstery materials are used." In your photo the dash is a dark color is the entire top of the dash crinkle black or somehow just the crown of the dash above the instruments? Also what color is the rest of the dash panel. Thanks for the help I am really trying to keep to stock finish layouts.
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | 88 - that's not MY truck, see the page I linked above - the dash looks to me to be the "charcoal" that's been on every TF truck I''ve seen, a very dark gray with a fairly flat [glare proof] finish, never seen any dash with a crinkle finish ... the rest of the interior of some 59's I've seen [like Steve Taylors] is a color that might be called a silver beige [or gold beige, or something else, slightly metallic], I haven't seen any paint chip sheets that list a name for the interior colors for 59, or heard of anyone that has a paint code for it
the pattern you see on Steves is the standard one, except the door panel inserts and seat cover were a special order option - all the TF years had a charcoal dash top [flat finish making it look darker], steering column, ebrake handle, floor and firewall, with the rest of the interior being another color - most up to 59 were lighter grey, anything else was an option
Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 28 | Thanks for the info that clears up a lot. I have a bunch of color chip sheets but you are right there are no "charcoal" colors shown. I'll give it my best shot and come close enough. Thanks again.
1959 Apache.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | the chip sheets never have an actual sample chip for the interior, but the earlier ones had the names and old code numbers listed - they seem to have quit that in 59  Bill | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 709 | Private Message. Top of the page in My Stuff
Bruce Old Toy: Ol' Betsy stock 59 Apache SB Stepside (Gone but not Forgotten) New Toy: 1962 Impala SS Coupe The Driver: 1990 Toyota truck
| | |
| |