| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,205 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#56345 02/11/2006 4:37 AM | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 96 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 96 | Arrrrrrrrg! I've lost more parts moving my disassembled 59 3200 and its parts around the state of Vermont form shop to shed to driveway to the nice, woodstove-heated garage where I'm currently putting back together...dropped the fresh 235 in today! The latest discovery, I can't find the ummmmmm, I don't know what it's called, but it goes between the leading breakshoe and the parking brake arm, and it's gone (both of them). At this point, I'm thinking of just putting the rear drum brakes back together without the parking brake hardware. They seem to be just like the front brakes except for the p.brake parts, right? Any reason not to do this? | | |
#56346 02/12/2006 4:55 AM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | It's called a parking brake strut, some call it a spreader bar. You might be able to get them at a local parts store. If you want some used ones, go the the parts for sale section and contact RJ. Should be the same for your 59 and the 60-66 parts he sells.
Your brakes will work without them.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
| |
| |