Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (49nut, moparguy, ndkid275, Barry Martak, tclederman, kades51, 1 invisible),
78
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,396 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 | I have been a member on Stovebolt for about a year. My father in law brought his 1962 Chevy stepside and gave it to me last summer. I have driven it as I recieved it until this past June when my 10 year old son and I started taking it apart.(He is quite handy with a wrench). My 9 year old daughter wanted to get into the act so I showed her how to spot weld patch panels. (she is a natural). We developed a vision for the truck after seeing the things you guys did on your trucks. We started in June and set a goal to be ready for paint by the end of the year. Sofar so good. Easy part (disassembly) is done. You can follow our progress by clicking the link below. http://photobucket.com/my62chevy | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 7 | Sweet truck,,cant wait to see it all done. My 62 is sceduled to be a winter project,,,now it is my daily driver. My son (5) loves it and is always willing to lend a hand. Its a great way to spend time with the kids...! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 738 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 738 | As far as I can see, the progress is going along beautifully. Those kids of yours are really taking an interest in the project. What a great deal to have two helpers like them, and the learning that is going on is priceless.Guys would only dream of having made as much progress and having two kids as helpers like you have. You are lucky to have them! They are lucky to have you!  | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 | Thanks for the kind words. It is a real joy with them helping me. It make the project that much sweeter. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | very nice job, where in East Tx do you live? Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 | very nice job, where in East Tx do you live? X2 I'm in Terrell, whereabout are you? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,180 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,180 | superwho, just got done watching the slide show. What a privilege you have to have two children not only interested in working with you on your truck project but skilled enough to do excellent work. You must be one proud papa. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the "crew" in person. I live in Richardson, so driving to Terrell is a 30 minute trip. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 | superwho, just got done watching the slide show. What a privilege you have to have two children not only interested in working with you on your truck project but skilled enough to do excellent work. You must be one proud papa. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the "crew" in person. I live in Richardson, so driving to Terrell is a 30 minute trip. You must have me confused with someone else, or there is a slideshow attached to the wrong profile. I don't have any kids. Lol. I was about to start a post with pics in a couple of minutes. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,180 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,180 | Sheesh - I meant legcub. Chalk it up to senility. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 9 | Lol. It happens to us young bucks too. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 8 | I live between Sulphur Springs and Emory just north of Lake Fork. Glad you enjoyed my pictures. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | super, I live in Mesquite, I go by your way ever week or two to my country place near Canton..
Legcub, thanks for the reply to where you live.. Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | |
| |