The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shaffer's1950, mick53, Hotrod Lincoln, klhansen, 1 invisible), 71 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,388
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#561887 08/04/2009 3:21 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
I have been a member on Stovebolt for about a year. My father in law brought his 1962 Chevy stepside and gave it to me last summer. I have driven it as I recieved it until this past June when my 10 year old son and I started taking it apart.(He is quite handy with a wrench). My 9 year old daughter wanted to get into the act so I showed her how to spot weld patch panels. (she is a natural). We developed a vision for the truck after seeing the things you guys did on your trucks. We started in June and set a goal to be ready for paint by the end of the year. Sofar so good. Easy part (disassembly) is done. You can follow our progress by clicking the link below.

http://photobucket.com/my62chevy

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
Sweet truck,,cant wait to see it all done. My 62 is sceduled to be a winter project,,,now it is my daily driver. My son (5) loves it and is always willing to lend a hand. Its a great way to spend time with the kids...!

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
As far as I can see, the progress is going along beautifully. Those kids of yours are really taking an interest in the project. What a great deal to have two helpers like them, and the learning that is going on is priceless.Guys would only dream of having made as much progress and having two kids as helpers like you have. You are lucky to have them! They are lucky to have you! thumbs_up thumbs_up

Joy #562273 08/05/2009 12:24 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Thanks for the kind words. It is a real joy with them helping me. It make the project that much sweeter.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
very nice job, where in East Tx do you live?


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by joker
very nice job, where in East Tx do you live?
X2 I'm in Terrell, whereabout are you?

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
superwho, just got done watching the slide show. What a privilege you have to have two children not only interested in working with you on your truck project but skilled enough to do excellent work. You must be one proud papa. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the "crew" in person. I live in Richardson, so driving to Terrell is a 30 minute trip.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by baldeagle
superwho, just got done watching the slide show. What a privilege you have to have two children not only interested in working with you on your truck project but skilled enough to do excellent work. You must be one proud papa. I'm looking forward to meeting you and the "crew" in person. I live in Richardson, so driving to Terrell is a 30 minute trip.
You must have me confused with someone else, or there is a slideshow attached to the wrong profile. I don't have any kids. Lol. I was about to start a post with pics in a couple of minutes.

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,180
Sheesh - I meant legcub. Chalk it up to senility.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 9
Lol. It happens to us young bucks too.

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
I live between Sulphur Springs and Emory just north of Lake Fork. Glad you enjoyed my pictures.

Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
super, I live in Mesquite, I go by your way ever week or two to my country place near Canton..

Legcub, thanks for the reply to where you live..


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0