| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop, Charles in CA, elhippie64),
113
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,302 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 | Hello again, I am still in the planning stages of my project and have some questions about my 41 Chevy 1/2 ton. Did they come in a long and short box? If so, what are the dimensions? I would like to end up with a short box if I have the long version. And, what rear ends will fit without much fabrication. It needs to be somewhat strong since I'm going with a stout 350(about 500hp) with a 5 speed trans. I'm not going to drag race it, just want a nice street cruiser that I can take on long trips as well as go for a night out on the town. Thanks, Dan | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | The long bed is 89 inches in length and 48.5 inches in width. I am not sure about the length of the short bed, but 77 inches is stuck in my head. It sounds like you will be doing a lot of work for 12 inches. I would consider starting with a shortbed truck if you want a shortbed. I would also consider staying with the longbed for the type of power you will have. The longer wheelbase will help to keep you straight. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 | Thanks Swingdaddy. I'm considering staying with the long bed if that's what I have. I love both anyway.
Dan | | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 319 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 319 |
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | I think that you will find that the long bed is really a 3/4 ton. Look at your rear spring mounts, the 1/2 ton has then directly under the frame. On the 3/4 they are out side of the frame which is narrower. There are a few other differences including an open drive shaft, and the location of the master cylinder | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 25 | Thanks guys! That really helps. Now I need to go do some measuring.
Dan | | |
| |
| |