The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nick in Manitou, Hotrod Lincoln, TUTS 59, 46 Texaco), 146 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
Hello again,
I am still in the planning stages of my project and have some questions about my
41 Chevy 1/2 ton. Did they come in a long and short box? If so, what are the dimensions? I would like to end up with a short box if I have the long version. And, what rear ends will fit without much fabrication. It needs to be somewhat strong since I'm going with a stout 350(about 500hp) with a 5 speed trans. I'm not going to drag race it, just want a nice street cruiser that I can take on long trips as well as go for a night out on the town.
Thanks,
Dan

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
The long bed is 89 inches in length and 48.5 inches in width. I am not sure about the length of the short bed, but 77 inches is stuck in my head. It sounds like you will be doing a lot of work for 12 inches. I would consider starting with a shortbed truck if you want a shortbed. I would also consider staying with the longbed for the type of power you will have. The longer wheelbase will help to keep you straight.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
Thanks Swingdaddy. I'm considering staying with the long bed if that's what I have. I love both anyway.

Dan

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319


"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
I think that you will find that the long bed is really a 3/4 ton. Look at your rear spring mounts, the 1/2 ton has then directly under the frame. On the 3/4 they are out side of the frame which is narrower. There are a few other differences including an open drive shaft, and the location of the master cylinder


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
Thanks guys! That really helps. Now I need to go do some measuring.

Dan


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0