The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Rusty Heaps, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,381
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 54
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 54
Fellow Bolters... I am looking to remove the vent windows (as replacements are approximately $300.00 each) from my 1951 Chevy 3100 doors and replace with full size window glass. I've had a couple of people mention to me that they've seen trucks where this was done but I don't have any detailed information as to the steps required. I know that I would need the steel casing that goes around the full size window glass (not sure where to get these) and I know that I would have to cut out the small steel plate where the 51 vent window attaches in the window opening. If anyone has converted their 1951 truck windows from vent windows to full glass windows I would very much appreciate the details of how it was done. Looking forward to reading your responses. As always, I sincerely appreciate the feedback and support. I am about 2 years into my project and hope to finish within the next month or so! Thanks in advance.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,703
CTK,
Try a Search on this subject.
There have been numerous threads on this & from what I remeber it is a pretty intense process to make the swap you are concidering.
Also you may get a better responce posting this in the Paint & Body "DOOR" section.
Good Luck!
Tim


1952 Chevy Shortbed

Photos in Photobucket

If It Aint Broke Fix It Till It Is!

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0