The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Bicounty, BC59, JW51), 160 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,129
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#560927 07/31/2009 10:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
I have a 1947 Chevrolet Load master 2 ton truck, I am left wondering how the interior should look as it would come factory, every part of the interior is so faded and rusted that I can't make out the proper color tones. Can anyone help me figure out the upholstery color, dash, steering wheel, and door colors available in 1947.
Thanks in advance
Kevin


If it's old and rusted out.... Well it's probably mine.

[http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/weimer_kevin_1947.html]1947 Chevrolet Loadmaster 2 Ton[/url]
1978 Dodge W200/M880
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel
Photobucket Pix
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Is it a 47 first series (Art Deco) or a 47 2nd series (Advanced Design). Do you have a picture in the Gallery (or somewhere else) that we can look at?


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
baldeagle, I keep forgetting I don't have my truck in my signature, it's a 47 Advanced Design 2 ton. I havn't figured out how to post pics yet, but am working on it.
Kevin


If it's old and rusted out.... Well it's probably mine.

[http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/weimer_kevin_1947.html]1947 Chevrolet Loadmaster 2 Ton[/url]
1978 Dodge W200/M880
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel
Photobucket Pix
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
OK, here's a 47 1st series 2 ton flatbed, and here's a 47 2nd series 2 ton truck. Which one looks like yours?


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
47 2nd series for sure,


If it's old and rusted out.... Well it's probably mine.

[http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/weimer_kevin_1947.html]1947 Chevrolet Loadmaster 2 Ton[/url]
1978 Dodge W200/M880
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel
Photobucket Pix
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
Red dot, center of chest ...
Red dot, center of chest ...
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,177
This page has the exterior paint schemes for 1948 trucks. I suspect the 47 2nd series would have been the same. The accessories section (what we now call options) has some interior choices including maroon seats and arm rests (stock was black.) I'm not sure how the interiors were painted. According to Jim Carter they were Grey Brown.

I believe the steering wheels were all black.


Paul Schmehl CI 6
geek@stovebolt.com
Stovebolt Staff: Geek
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Paul & Kevin,

Below, are some minor corrections and clarifications regarding 1947 Advance-Design Chevrolet Trucks :

- Chevrolet used the term Advance-Design Trucks (not Advanced Design Trucks). The 1947 GMC trucks were newly named New Design Trucks

- Chevrolet never used the terminology 1st and 2nd series to describe the trucks sold in 1947 (however, the terms 1st and 2nd series trucks were used by Chevrolet in 1955). The 1946 body-style trucks were sold into 1947 and were still referred to as 1946 trucks (in documents such as the Master Parts Catalog and Shop Manuals). I am not sure what Vehicle Number was used on a 1946 truck sold in 1947 - maybe someone will post this information.

- The term "Loadmaster" was, I think, first used in 1947 in reference to Advance-Design truck models. Loadmaster referred to trucks over 1 ton; and, Thriftmaster applied to 1/2, 3/4, and 1-ton trucks (from 1947 until some time in 1949). From mid-1949 through mid 1955, Thriftmaster and Loadmaster (and Jobmaster) referred to different engine sizes/configurations.

- Regular Production Options are/were different from GM Accessories - RPOs were installed at the factory and Accessories were installed by the dealer or owner.

- Some information about interior colors is in this old LCVA article. I will check the 1947 Salesman Truck Data Book to see if any interior color information (and codes) are listed [I could not find any information] .

Tim

NOTE: LCVA refers to the Light Commercial Vehicle Association magazine that later became This Old Truck magazine and is now called Vintage Truck magazine.


Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Well Timothy L, ya did it again!!!!! Ya just made me blow another half day buried in that WONDERFUL collection of information you have posted on your 54 Advance-Design site!
If any of you newbies have never had the chance to spend some time at Tim’s web site for ’54 Chevy’s you're missing a bunch. There is a wealth of historical information offered there. I’ve been through a lot of it numerous times, yet every time I go there I walk away knowing something new.
A really BIG thank you buddy for all the work that you have put in on the history of these trucks, I understand how much work must have gone into collecting, organizing and serving all that up to us, THANKS.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/02/2009 12:46 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
K
Apprentice
Apprentice
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
I looked that page over, but it's still about clear as mud.... Any survivor trucks out there someone has some pics of.
Kevin


If it's old and rusted out.... Well it's probably mine.

[http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/weimer_kevin_1947.html]1947 Chevrolet Loadmaster 2 Ton[/url]
1978 Dodge W200/M880
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel
Photobucket Pix
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Here is a little more information. I have not seen information about 1947-53 interior colors all in one place. You have to be a detective (and be persistant, as you have been). Denny Graham might have information/advice. I have only seen complete interior paint information for 1953-55 trucks.

notes on 50-53 interior colors

1953 Chevrolet Trucks - interior colors





Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0