Names Mark Wright
Located in Dunlap IL (near Peoria)
Found the truck in the local tradin' post 6 months ago.
Purchased non-running for $1900 including delivery.
The only rust on the truck is the rear corners & the bottom of the passenger door. For Illinois this is really very good condition.
The truck is from Arkansas & last ran in 1994. The 1994 plate & inspection sticker are proof of that.
The Arkansas owner sold the truck in non-running form to a guy in northern Indiana 5 or 6 years ago who parked it in a heated garage. He didn't work on it at all & sold it to a guy in Bloomington Il. Who also parked it in a heated garage, but this guy added a brand new starter & ignition. He soon tired & sold it to me.
I have since rebuilt the brakes, added a new rear main seal, new fuel pump, soon to be new carb & hopefully she will be running in the next month or so. Waiting for the new carb it will start & run now for only about 30 seconds & only with the choke pulled out. When she is running though it is smooth with no smoke!
The plan is to get her running so I can haul gas for the tractor, or run to the lumberyard when needed. I am a big fan of the original look & don't plan to paint the truck just yet.
I do plan to add the midget farms logo to the doors though.
links to pictures.
http://i31.tinypic.com/f24xtf.jpghttp://i31.tinypic.com/2cd7frm.jpghttp://i28.tinypic.com/15wytzp.jpghttp://i25.tinypic.com/51uzd.jpghttp://i29.tinypic.com/amb7dk.jpgHope you enjoy these as much as I am!
Thanks