| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#55283 01/19/2006 6:40 PM | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 72 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 72 | Hi all,
I need to replace the tires and wheels on my 46 1/2 ton.
I've read on previous topics that the 225/75-R16 is the tire to replace the 6.50x16's on my 46 1/2 ton. It has the correct height specs, so that's what I'm planning on using.
Is there a source for painted steel 16x4 replacement wheels that will take the standard Chevy hubcap? I'm restoring the truck to drive, but would like to keep it looking as stock as possible.
Also, how does the 3:55 rear end work with the 3 speed transmission (I'd like something I can drive on the Interstate and I've got the stock 4:11).
Thanks for your assistance.
Larry
46 Chevy 1/2 ton stake - family truck for 78 years USAF 75-81
| | |
#55284 01/20/2006 5:29 PM | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | runnjump, I'm running original 16" wheels with radials on my 46. Can't remember the size right now but they look the same height as the originals. Check out the gallery for some pictures. I'm also running a 3:55 rear with the orig 3spd. It works fine on the freeway. I wouldn't want to drive it at 70, but it will cruse at 60 all day. Hope this helps George | | |
#55285 01/20/2006 6:29 PM | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 107 | Do you guys know where 16" rims that will take a stock hub cap can still be purchased. My truck came with 3 15" and 2 16". I have even been thinking about getting a set of nostalgia wheels with the beauty ring part of the wheel. Thanks Brian
1946 1/2 ton I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
| | |
#55286 01/20/2006 6:43 PM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 975 | [img] http://webpages.charter.net/jkornmann/Moving%20Day.JPG[/img] I bought Trailmark 215/285 R16's at my local goodyear dealer. I don't think they look too bad. No rubbing issues and they ride like a dream. The rims were blasted and powdercoated and I am running tubeless without issues. No air loss at all. I too had 2 15's and 2 16's. I went with the 16s for taller tires and more options. | | |
#55287 01/20/2006 7:31 PM | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 72 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 72 | Thanks for the information guys. That's exactly what I needed.
Little horse, I am also looking for a supplier for the 16" wheels that will take the stock hub cap. I ran across a web site that offered them a couple of months back, but I cannot remember the company name. If I do, I'll be sure to let you know.
Larry
46 Chevy 1/2 ton stake - family truck for 78 years USAF 75-81
| | |
#55288 01/20/2006 11:09 PM | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 348 | i have a set of four matching 16" wheels that will fit the original hub cap for your truck, if your intrusted you can email me at [email protected] | | |
#55289 01/21/2006 1:18 AM | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 117 | I have 4 16X4.5 stock wheels if you are interested. let me know at [email protected]
cgresham1212 If you don't drive it, why have it? 55 1st Series 3100 5 window
| | |
| |
| |