| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,294 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 13 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 13 | I just put some new (to me) bucket racing/off-road seats in my '65 C20 and the old steering wheel is just a shade on the large side and makes getting in and out a little on the tricky side. I have a 80's truck steering wheel laying around, and while I know I can't just bolt that one on, I'm wondering just how different they are? I've got time and access to machine tools. Money, not so much.
To old to change, to young to quit.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,219 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,219 | Not sure on the splines, but it wouldn't take much to try and fit the new to the old. Going to a small wheel will make turning that much harder, so don't go to small. Joe | | | | | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | Splines are the same. I put a 68 steering wheel on a 79 column & right now I have a early 80's Camaro steering wheel on a 94 FWD column. Both slid right on & bolted down. You should be able to swap it w/out a problem. BUT, the only reason I can see why it wouldn't fit is because of the offset of the back of the steering wheel(how far inside the steering wheel is the splined area). Also you may have to change is the (this one is a late model)horn contact ring (Pic 2) and add a grounding wire to the horn button....Joe | | |
| |
| |