The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TrknGMC, Bill Hanlon, Hanks custodian, JW51, 1 invisible), 77 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,311
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#551243 06/30/2009 4:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 89
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 89
I just replaced the master cylinder on my truck. Bench bled, Bled the clutch side no problem. I have rebuilt all the brakes around the truck, sleeved cylinders, new hardware,relined shoes, new line, etc.. I have bled the brake system with a power bleeder at all points and I still can't seem to get as good of brakes as when I brought this thing home! I don't know what the problem is. The only thing that I seem to notice or that has been bothering me about the system is that the end of the cylinder on my hydrovac doesn't have a bleeder like it's illustrated in the book. The hydrovac seems to be from a 59' whereas mine is a 60'. Any help or opinions would be greatly greatly appriciated!!! Thanks!!


240,000 worker bees!
1960 Two ton Chevy
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Beewrangler, are your brakes properly adjusted, you'll get a low pedal if the brake shoes aren't adjusted up to where they should be, hope that helps.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0