The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (DadsFirstPickup, 1955 1 Series, LAROKE, 68ironhead), 105 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#550199 06/27/2009 4:10 AM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
What's this oil line for? It leads to the tee where the oil pressure sensor is. Is it a bypass line because there's no oil filter? Can I remove it? Also, how can I install an oil filter?

unknown oil line

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
6
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
6 Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
I forgot to mention that this is a 235 on a '61 apache

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 235
Mine does not have that line. Someone might have put that on to get more oil to the rockers.If you remove the line just make sure you are getting enough oil to the top of the motor. Take the valve cover off and start it up and make sure oil is coming out of all the rockers

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
I believe that is an add-on line to feed the rockers usually installed when original oil line is clogged/broken/inop. I think.
Jeff


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0