The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (walter74, SWEET, Jerry 53, 68ironhead), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
The choke on my 59 apache is sticking. Started her no problem, but after running for a few minutes, fuel started leaking out of the back / underside of the carb...removed carb & dumped excess gas (the carb was completely flooded), but when I reattached it, I realized the valve (that closes when you pull the choke) is sticking... Is it carb rebuild time, or carb cleaner time? Any ideas? Do you think the choke cable is just bound up and a new one would potentially help solve the problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 49
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 49
To be on the safe side, a squirt of WD-40 or something as such into the choke cable's ends, and some Carb Cleaner on the choke, then open/close it a few times. It helped quite a bit when I took my carb off ...


1959 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside Apache
"Ignorance is bliss. Here's a history book."
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
W
Apprentice
Apprentice
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
Sounds like a good place to start - I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes - thanks RI-59. I'm wondering how easy it is to replace the whole choke cable...I saw a brand new one for 12 bucks...seems like it cant be that big of a deal...


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0