The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Paul Mullen, JW51, GrandpasJimmy), 96 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
I need inner fenders for my '54, will the pieces from the '48 - '53 trucks be the same? Thanks


Be American, Buy American
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
I'm not sure but being as the front fenders are differant from the '53 and earlier, I would think they would not interchange. Hopefully somebody smarter than me will chime in.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
The fender aprons will interchange.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
Hi J Man

I had pretty good luck using a set of the 48-53 inner fenders on my 55 first series truck. The front end sheet metal ended up looking much better with the replacement inner fenders than with the mangled original parts.

The 54/early 55 grill bolts up a little differently so I had to drill 3 new holes in each inner fender. But for me the price for the parts was very good.

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
Thanks. I found somebody that has a set of earlier ones and he was not sure either. I guess I will give them a shot.


Be American, Buy American

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0