| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 38 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 38 | I have a 1951 2 Ton 6100SW Dump. I'm trying to replace the drivers side door window which is broken. Door has vent glass too. Well I took the side cover off to see inside and what I have is glass resting in a metal channel. The channel has no screws on it to loosen. I'm thinking the glass is glued somehow in the channel. What steps should I take from here. Thanks
Last edited by beacon; 06/07/2009 5:19 PM. Reason: mistake
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | easiest is to remove the glass, with attached lower sash and take it to the glass shop for them to use as a pattern to replace it for you so all you have to do is re-install it  start with the shop manual instructions .... the whole assembly needs to be removed from the door to replace glass - yes, the glass is "glued" in the channel with special glass setting tape/compound your local glass shop knows how to deal with Bill | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | If you insist on doing it yourself, you can heat it gently with a propane torch. get it just hot enough to soften the adhesive, don't try to set it on fire. | | |
| |
| |