The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 201 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,387
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#543022 06/02/2009 9:54 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 82
I'm installing a side fill tank under the bed in my '49 - 3100.
I want to use a round pop out door like on the late model chevy pickups / suburbans.
Can any one give me dimensiond from the wheel lip & top of the fender for whete to mound the filler door ?
Thanks.


1949 chev 3100 3 window. 350hp/327/m21 4 spd, 12 bolt rear, power brakes, 3" dropped axle from Sid's. Disc brakes next.
nvrdone #543662 06/05/2009 1:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
Wouldn't you go ahead and source your door and your tank, then given the rubber connector (flex) hose between the two, decide the best fit on your truck? Sorry if I am missing something, but I am thinking it will be where ever it needs to be depending on your aftermarket tank and where it comes out in your fender, plus the size of the door.

If I had a donor vehicle I'd cut the area around the actual door and what I cut out of the original fender would be larger than just the door. I'd MIG in the door and surround after cutting to fit.

But again, I may be missing something. Good luck.


R-Bo

1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction)
1966 GMC 305V6 in the family

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0