The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 39
I'm sure it's been discussed to death but one more time please? My 51 Chev has a stock axle with what appears to be a good tight steering box. Since I'm going small block w/auto trans. and want power steering and a lowered stance all around, should I upgrade the existing set up, do a subframe (professionally installed) or install a Mustang II type?

Thanks,
Tom


1951 Chev.P.U. Streetrod-project
1951 Chev cpe 261 5-speed-50%
1953 Chev cpe 350/700-95%
1962 Chev Bubbletop 409 -75%
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 11
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 11
I got a 54 chevy pick-up and tried the mustang 2 front end.And i could not get it out quick enough.I got it from fat man fabrications.As for as the ride it was great but the driving and handling of the truck, it was horrible.
L.D.


ubb

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0