Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (MikeStone1953, Hanks custodian, Gdads51, Shade Baby, rfs56trk, sron48, dt235sd, Keepinthemstockm, TUTS 59),
66
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,333 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 | Well, after hours of hard work, flairing brake lines,fixing leaks, checking & re-checking, fixing more leaks,....I finally drove my truck for the first time today!!! What a way to celebrate Memorial Day! It's not licensed for the road yet, so I had to stay in my neighborhood, but we logged a whopping 1.5 miles,...and hey, it ran and stopped! The Huck brake system is actually pretty good, it stopped on 2 nickels, with no real effort. I'll play around town for the rest of the summer, then it's tear-down time in the fall! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Cool! That's a milestone you'll always remember. 
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 105 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 105 | Congratulations!!!!! Have fun! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 | | | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 1,026 |  Have fun!
Robert C. If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes," I'm a Genius in the making. 1950 3600 | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 408 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 408 | The first ride is always the best. Have fun | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 67 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 22 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 22 | I understand. I drove my 51 GMC around the area for about 2 miles about a month ago. Have had it out several times since, but that 1st time around was special. Enjoy!!! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 |
Last edited by carolines truck; 05/27/2009 5:55 AM.
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | | | | Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2009 Posts: 22 | I got my 46 on the road again about two weeks ago licensed and insured. Haven't stopped driving it since. I have put a T-5 transmission in it and just put an electric fan in. I think my wife is going to divorce me...... again........ironic thing is .....she gave me the truck.........I was moping about crashing my 56 chevy an she says I have an old truck you can have...in her moms back yard set a 1946 chevy truck......my first love was an older woman....my second love as an even older woman. drive on man....drive on! | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | Congratulations! Have fun with it
| | |
| |