The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 52
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 52
Well, after hours of hard work, flairing brake lines,fixing leaks, checking & re-checking, fixing more leaks,....I finally drove my truck for the first time today!!! What a way to celebrate Memorial Day! It's not licensed for the road yet, so I had to stay in my neighborhood, but we logged a whopping 1.5 miles,...and hey, it ran and stopped! The Huck brake system is actually pretty good, it stopped on 2 nickels, with no real effort. I'll play around town for the rest of the summer, then it's tear-down time in the fall!

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Cool! That's a milestone you'll always remember. grin


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 105
Congratulations!!!!! Have fun!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
thumbs_up

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,026
thumbs_up
drive Have fun!


Robert C.
If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.

1950 3600
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
The first ride is always the best. Have fun

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 67
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 67
Congratulations!!!!!

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 22
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 22
I understand. I drove my 51 GMC around the area for about 2 miles about a month ago. Have had it out several times since, but that 1st time around was special. Enjoy!!!

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
I can just see the big party every memorial day from NOW on. quebec quebec quebec


Last edited by carolines truck; 05/27/2009 5:55 AM.

Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 22
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 22
I got my 46 on the road again about two weeks ago licensed and insured. Haven't stopped driving it since. I have put a T-5 transmission in it and just put an electric fan in.
I think my wife is going to divorce me...... again........ironic thing is .....she gave me the truck.........I was moping about crashing my 56 chevy an she says I have an old truck you can have...in her moms back yard set a 1946 chevy truck......my first love was an older woman....my second love as an even older woman. drive on man....drive on!

Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,028
Congratulations!
Have fun with it


1953 3/4-Ton Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

If it can be built ... It can be fixed.

RB53

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0