| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 | I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on 6 new tires for my 3800 dually (now is a time when duallys aren's so cool). M.E.Miller Tire in Ohio has the same STA tire as Coker or Universal, but they're $30 cheaper per tire. Coker and Universal had no good explanation and weren't interested in price matching. Am I missing something? Does Miller have a good reputation? Anyone have any experience with these guys? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I shop locally when I have that option. I bought Columbia 6:00x16s for my 38 through a local tire shop. They were about as expensive as tires I'd have had to order but I didn't have to pay shipping. I don't know anything about how they set their pricing but if it was me I'd take the local deal, especially considering they're less expensive.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Ive found some nice LT bias tires shopping the used tire shops, also picked up some good ones at swap meets. Good luck
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 | I bit the bullet and bought all 6. It turns out M.E.Miller had some outdated prices, but they gave me the price anyway....Now that's professionalism as far as I'm concerned. Fortunately, I will not have to pay sales tax, AND they'll deliver them (free) to a nearby Tractor/Truck Show. So far I'm very satisfied, and I will start making referrals. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 95 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 95 | If you find a price on tires that is way lower than the competition, check the date of manufacture. Tires apparently have a shelf life. If they are too old (still unused, mind you) they may be considered unsafe. Seems silly, but it's true. Cheaply priced tires that are the same as those sold by Coker and Universal and so on are probably outdated. Ask about dates on any tires you buy. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 52 | I appreciate all the information. These tires are fresh! New stock. The comapany made a mistake in their pricing, but stood by the catalog pricing. These guys have great customer service and highly knowledgable staff. They specialize in tractor and farm tires. They are a family owned business with alot of pride in what they do. Check out www.millertire.com | | |
| |
| |