The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shaffer's1950, Gray_Ghost, bucktruck, walter74), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
i just put in new front cylinders,main cylinder and profesionaly rebuilt hydrovac. ive put in a quart of fluid in already and am only getting a little pressure back in the pedal to push it back up about a quarter of the way up.Does anyone know what im doing wrong?do i just keep on filling with fluid?Is the hydrovac supposed to fill with lots of oil?
Whats going on here?
Thanks

Last edited by dantheman49-6400; 05/10/2009 6:43 AM.
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602


Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 568
Adjust you're brakes with the adjusters. Jack up one wheel or set of wheels just off the ground. When you get a slight drag while spinning the wheels, try bleeding them again. When I did mine, they where a bit spongy and I felt as though I needed to double pump them to make sure I had enough brake. They got better after some use. Adjust them and drive the truck slowly around in the yard and then readjust the adjusters. Make sure there is a little drag on the drums. It worked for me. By the way, I bypassed my Hydrovac for the time being till I can get it rebuilt. I don't know if that will make for a different outcome for ya.


Mike
1952 Chevrolet 2-Ton 6400
"Dempsey"
In the Gallery
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 121
thanks for the manual! That things great! Im gunna try bleeding the other valve that i missed on the hydrovac and hopefully thats my problem.Thanks again


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0