The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (KEVINSKI, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#535795 05/08/2009 12:08 AM
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
So here goes, I just got the linkage and new fuel lines all squared away from replacing 2 rochesters for 2 of the carter webers that tom langdon sells. Now that it is all hooked up it wont run. I can get it to catch for a bit, (maybe 5 sec) and then it is at a pretty high rpm and it just dies. I am lost, I have good spark, fuel, what am I missing. It ran before the swap but I was having a few issues with the rochesters.

The set up is on a 235 with fenton intake and exhaust.

Brian


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 239
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 239
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that your air/fuel ratio is off, being too lean. What are you doing to get it to start? Just cranking? Cranking while pumping the throttle?

Devin


If you can't hose it out it ain't a truck

55 3100
63 Corvair Monza
64 El Camino
72 240Z
01 Suburban
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Brian,

What type of choke set up do you have?

Tim


Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
I currently have it set up with an electric choke, while starting I am giving a couple of pumps to set the choke then cranking.

I feel like it shouldn't take much to start but it still has me puzzled.


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
I would call Tom.


Drew
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 107
Turns out I had a major vacuum leak and now it runs really good. Thanks for ideas and help, this site has been super over rebuild.

Looks like I get to go for a ride today after all

Brian


1946 1/2 ton
I'm not addicted I just don't know when to stop
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,756
It is that giant sucking sound that Ross Perot mentioned


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0