| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (JW51, Phak1),
92
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,081 Posts1,056,321 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | I tried installing a reproduction window regulator today in the '49. It lacks about a 1/2 inch of raising the window all the way up in to the channel. I have the pivot point adjusted to the top of there slots. Has anyone else had this problem? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | I don't know where you got this one but all the repros I have seen have issues from stripped gears to poor adjustment and use. I sell a lot of used parts and one I sell a lot of is original window regulators many after stories similar to yours. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 684 | Yea, more aftermarket junk. Some body in AZ was selling these on ebay. I patched up my original and put it back in. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 | Maybe your fear is the same that I had last week: I saw the window failed to raise as high as I thought it should. Turns out all was fine once I put in the upper channel and trim.
When you say it is too low, is this before everything is put back together or after?
One possibility that comes to mind (and I haven't thought it through entirely) is to get a roller repair kit and drill new holes in the regulator arms outboard of the existing holes. I think this would extend the window a little higher.
You shouldn't have to repair a new part. I'm preparing a box of non-functional junk I was sold to send back to the vendor. THEY can take out the trash.
I know your frustration.
Bill | | |
| |
| |