Just wanted to share some pictures and videos of the truck now that it is out of storage. It has been in storage in Northern New York where I bought it and should be here in Ohio on Thursday. Started up pretty good after a bit of gas in the carb as you can see from the video. Drove it some on Saturday and got my first waves as a stovebolt owner.
One of the best parts of the day was when the transport driver let my 6 year old niece and 4 year old nephew, who both love trucks, get in the cab of the transport and have their pictures taken. I am anxious to start driving it and working on it as I have time/money.
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland In the Stovebolt Gallery More pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings "Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
There is some rust in the usual places but not too bad. The most immediate thing I have to do is replace both door windows and then figure out why I have turn signals working on only one side.
I am going to drive it as is for a while until I decide which path I want to take it down (restore to original, or resto-mod). I am sure that I will be asking a lot of questions on here.
Drove it some on Saturday and got my first waves as a stovebolt owner.
That's one of the unexpected benifits, isn't it. I've talked to a lot of people (young and old) that I would never have met if it weren't for my old truck. Seems like a gas stop always takes about 5 minutes longer when I'm driving it.
Drove it some on Saturday and got my first waves as a stovebolt owner.
That's one of the unexpected benifits, isn't it. I've talked to a lot of people (young and old) that I would never have met if it weren't for my old truck. Seems like a gas stop always takes about 5 minutes longer when I'm driving it.
I rarely go out in my 1954 GMC that someone doesn't talk about "the one my dad had, or my uncle, or cousin or someone". Makes for meeting new folks all the time, and just get lots of thumbs up while driving. Ah the pleasure of an old truck.