The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Bill Hanlon, Hotrod Lincoln, Buckeye998, Jon G, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,393
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136
My three on the tree is shifting sloppy, and is hard to find the right gear, mainly first, and reverse. I had an old boy go through my trans. He says it looks fine, but he thinks I need a new, or rebuilt shift box. Don't know where to get one? Has anyone ever rebuilt one, or bought a new one? Thankyou.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
It is possible to skim the faces of the shift box and re bore it but if you don't have access to a machine shop it's probably to cheaper just get a rebuilt one from here:

http://www.oldchevytrucks.biz/47_55/t1.asp?page=118

Check the bushings holding the rods too.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136

Thankyou Curt, thats what I need. I looked at Jim C's, but didn't even see that. Thanks again.

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
I think that I would try the "parts wanted" area. I bet a lot of guys who have done the 700 or T-5 conversions have them just laying around.

Just my two cents.

Best wishes,

Les

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 136
Good idea, I bet your right. I'm gonna go over and post somethin right now.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
I got mine from Carter's and it works just great.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0