| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,381 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | My three on the tree is shifting sloppy, and is hard to find the right gear, mainly first, and reverse. I had an old boy go through my trans. He says it looks fine, but he thinks I need a new, or rebuilt shift box. Don't know where to get one? Has anyone ever rebuilt one, or bought a new one? Thankyou. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | It is possible to skim the faces of the shift box and re bore it but if you don't have access to a machine shop it's probably to cheaper just get a rebuilt one from here: http://www.oldchevytrucks.biz/47_55/t1.asp?page=118Check the bushings holding the rods too.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | Thankyou Curt, thats what I need. I looked at Jim C's, but didn't even see that. Thanks again. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 725 | I think that I would try the "parts wanted" area. I bet a lot of guys who have done the 700 or T-5 conversions have them just laying around.
Just my two cents.
Best wishes,
Les | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 136 | Good idea, I bet your right. I'm gonna go over and post somethin right now. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 582 | I got mine from Carter's and it works just great. | | |
| |
| |