The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, Justhorsenround, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 90 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525724 04/07/2009 2:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Did Edelbrock ever make an aluminum valve cover for a 261 Chevy? I can find other brand covers but would like to have an Edelbrock to match my intake. I am looking for one that does not mount with the two nuts on top. The current stock cover has four bolts, two on each side. I am I looking for something that does not exist?

Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 2,074
The new and old 216/235 aluminum covers work just fine on the 261, just get the 'stud kit' from Patrick's or use the two LONG studs off a 216. I've had a few OLD brand covers, never seen an Edelbrock.

Last edited by JiMerit; 04/07/2009 3:19 PM.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!
1946 1/2-Ton Chevy
1953 Chevy 3/4-ton Factory Stakebed
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Edelbrock never made a valve cover of any kind for the 216-235-261. The only part they ever made was the Edelbrock intake. They made a 216 version and a 235-261 version.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 46
Joe, your truck's engine is really cool!

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
Thank you, Sir!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0