The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ponchogl, WICruiser, 50Chevy3100, BC59, 1 invisible), 125 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 43
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 43
Hi; As near as I can tell from the casting numbers on my 235 I have a 1956 head and a 1958-1962 block. This is in my 1954 3100. I have a 1954 manual. Will the specifications from the 1954 manual for valve lash adjustment work? I assume timing, points etc. will be the same. Head = 3836848. Block = 3738307. I also assume all 235 heads and blocks are interchangeable - that right?
Thanks.
Rich

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The valve lash is the same unless it has hydraulic lifters which came on cars with powerglide. The 848 head is the most desireable one it has more compression than the others.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0