The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 146 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#490070 01/05/2009 3:39 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Was there any metal rim or any rubber rim around the back glass on a '34 half ton? What would be a good way to put my new glass in? Seems it is big enough but does not fill the hole like one would think----Dave

davy #491336 01/09/2009 4:01 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Guess I will just put rubber around it and block it in with wood 1/4 round trim.

davy #491354 01/09/2009 4:24 AM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Davy, I do not know the answer to your question but I would search the vendors catalog, and on line, to see what any of them offer for your truck.

Or perhaps look in the gallery, get a name of someone who has restored a 34 and send them an email.
Just trying to help.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
Thanks--I checked around--looks like it had rubber around it but different than the normal. I did find something on ebay to try so hopefully that will work.

davy #512865 03/04/2009 4:21 AM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 130
It worked! ---only easy too. it is a C shaped in cross section rubber that goes around the glass --then it is put in place and quarter round wood keeps it there, I have the windshield on too now--next time i could do it better but it seems okay as well.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0