The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (50Chevy3100, BC59, 1 invisible), 111 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,345
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 137
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 137
My newest old toy is a '63 Grumman Olson with a 292 Chevy. since there are too many valve cover bolts to be a "stovebolt", I have removed some of them so I can fit in! Hoping to find hints and tips on the old school Chevy truck running gear. I have a CDrom manual on order, but nothing beats the voices of experience!

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6544/3nb3m33ldzzzzzzzzz92gcbbp2.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/372/3n93k73l6zzzzzzzzz92g9ehr4.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3804/3n93o93p0zzzzzzzzz92gb7ip3.jpg

{sorry about the pix, just read the image policy, edited}

Last edited by J Lucas; 03/02/2009 6:52 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome Ob1, we sure do have lots of hints and tips to be had here. Stick around and you will be sure to learn.

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Welome to the Bolt. Thats an interesting toy you have there. If it has Chevy parts on it someone here should be able to help out!
Nice pics.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 323
Welcome to the 'bolt, Ob1quixote cool

Neat motorhome dance


Sabrina
'54 3100

Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Love your handle Ob1quixote.

I've got to admit that with a handle like yours you should be able to either laser saber or just swing blade your way through at all those whirligigs on that rig.

Welcome to the 'Bolt


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Ob1, Welcome and good handle!

As the other guys have said,if it's got a Chevy heartbeat we should be able to help.

Or you could just use "THE FORCE!" wink

Jock thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Welcome!!

Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,725
Welcome Indeed! Is the Grumman Olson's name "Rocinante" then?

Please send a couple of pictures and the story of it (how you got it, plans, etc) for our Gallery.

[email protected]

Thanks,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 137
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by John Milliman
Welcome Indeed! Is the Grumman Olson's name "Rocinante" then?

Please send a couple of pictures and the story of it (how you got it, plans, etc) for our Gallery.

[email protected]

Thanks,
John


LOL!

Actually, the preliminary name is Rolling Funder. I am a semi-avid dirtbike rider and occasional racer. RF is a Craiglist find, the kind of machine I have always dreamed of making - already done for me - complete with extended rear bumper that has a motorcycle wheel chock installed!

Will work an a little write-up, maybe a pictorial as well.


Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0