The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Eileen, klhansen, Uncles51, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#487909 12/30/2008 3:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Woogeroo has encouraged me to chime in about my daily. My defination of my daily driver is something that I drive very often rain or shine. Now that my wife's daily car died, she is using my daily Jimmy and I get to drive my truck every freaking day - yeah baby yeah.

My wife wants me to paint the truck and I don't, for if I do, like some of you, I will not use it as a truck. Maybe we can meet halfway by me doing something to the bed so I can haul stuff and not worry about scratching it.

Craig

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/15/2025 12:18 AM.

Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Don't paint it...looks pretty good like it is!


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 382
Nice pic's Craig! It's always cool to see a nice 'ol truck still getting dirty & getting the job done! cool


1948 Chevrolet 1-Ton Grain Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery SOLD
More pix in Photobucket

"A Man & His Truck--It's a Beautiful Thing!"

"You're never 100% ready, you're just next"....Ty Murray
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 843
The paint looks fine to me thumbs_up

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 725
cmayna,

That's a fine looking truck. New paint won't make it do what it does any better, and paint costs like stink!

Best wishes,

Les

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 43
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 43
That truck looks great, I would leave it as is.


It took 11 years but we got "an ol' truck",
was driven daily, now short drives only frown

http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr307/dogsareus/Our65GMC/
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Same here, leave her as she sits, nice truck!!

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 94
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 94
Love seeing ADs doing what they were designed to do.
Great looking truck Craig.


1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
I wanted to leave the stock paint on my '54 GMC but there were so many places where the paint had lifted and it was rusty underneath so I went with a complete paint job. I now would never put anything in my oak bed now so use as a truck is not possible. I do enjoy having it look so good now.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 38
I
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
I Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 38
Very nice. Don't paint it.


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0