Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,367 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 66 | I'm 13 years old and I just bought a 70' GMC Custom Camper Special. One of my dad's buddies works on restoring trucks for a living and has been doing it for a while, so I do have some help already. I was wodering where to start. I figuered that it would be good to remove the front clip. That's how far I've gotten so far. Am I on the right track?
Last edited by J Lucas; 02/26/2009 1:55 AM.
"So this year, I am upgraging my policy of zero tolerance to one of SUB-zero tolerance, which is MORE than zero." -Principal Jindraike
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | The best place to start is at the STOVEBOLT  Sounds like you already made up your mind to do a FULL restoration. In that case....take it apart! If you want a running driving daily driver then work on the mechanicals and drive it. If your going full resto then take plenty of picture and bag and bag and tag everything. Even as young as you are you will find your memory isn't what it use to be!!! Welcome to the Bolt. There are several young guys and gals that visit here. Good luck with your project. Keep us posted and it would be nice to post some pics!.....just give us a link to them. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Hi Reedster, Welcome to the 'bolt. Alvin has provided some good advice,and at 13 years old I'll assume you are "computer savvy"!  Just use the search feature of the forum and you will find topics already discussed,or simply ask away! The way things are going John and Peggy are going to have to put a 'Junior Bolters' sub forum in! Oh! and don't forget  Jock  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 346 | Welcome to the Stovebolt, Reedster.  Listen to Achipmunk. He knows what he's talking about. You will find out there is a lot of people here that will be more then glad to help you out with what ever info you my need.
Terry K.
1951 5 window 1/2 ton
The only way to have a friend is to be one. -Ralph Waldo Emerson-
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 47 | Reedster welcome to the bolt, sure like to see some pictures of your truck. I have a 71 chev longbox that i restored and had a fun time doing it. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 66 | hayhauler71, I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Maybe even a gallery submission.
"So this year, I am upgraging my policy of zero tolerance to one of SUB-zero tolerance, which is MORE than zero." -Principal Jindraike
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | Welcome to the 'bolt, Reedster  It's good to have you here in the group, young 'un  Listen to 27Capitol  | | |
| |