The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hush, Joe W, Peggy M, Jon G, Gray_Ghost, Guitplayer, 1 invisible), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,179
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#502626 02/06/2009 7:42 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 46
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 46
looks like i have to have the old shoes relined,unless there is a source someone knows of for 1 52 3800 rears are 21/2x15 fronts are 2x12 this is the huck style i am told, thanks

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy trying, Jim Carter has the shoes that you are looking for I believe, I think the size of your rear shoes is actually 2 1/2" X 14", not 15", p/ns are, rear MEB514 $84.75 + $75.00 core, if you send them your rebuildable shoes you get the core back, front ME1431 $84.75 + $75.00 core, I believe those prices are per axle, but you should call and confirm, Jim Carter's phone number is 1-800-872-1913, hope that helps

Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,186
I'd just go to a commercial truck or brake shop and have them relined for a bunch less.

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
If you buy replacements and send your old ones in as cores, you better hope that they are correct. I opted to have mine redone.

Last edited by truckernix; 02/08/2009 3:54 AM.

1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,061
Try Kanter


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body

Moderated by  Dusty53 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0