Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,298 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | I have the original 3 spd on the floor with shifter from my '47 Chevy Thriftmaster (3100). I plan on swapping in a 250 and Sag 4 spd, so I don't need this transmission. Is it worth anything to try and sell? Or is it worth more to the local recycler? Thoughts please. Thanks.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Well, my thought is to always try and sell a part for a little extra $$ in my pocket or then just give it away to someone who may need a few parts and not a whole piece.And at the end,just haul to a recycler for pennys on the dollar.
By the way your town,Charles Town,WV, is a great,but growing area.Have visited there often.Nice.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | Hi Wayne. Why not offer it in the Parts for Sale area as there is always a need for original parts for our old trucks. It may take a bit but someone will need it.
Welcome Aboard Wayne and good luck with your project. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | Thanks for the replies. I'll probably offer it up for sale then. What about the stock rear and torque tube? Are they also sellable items?
I have an 8.5" 10 bolt with 3.42 posi from a '79 Z28 that I'm going to put under the rear of the truck.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 266 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 266 | Pretty much anything on a truck that isn't completely rusted to bits or worn out beyond all repair is sellable. Everyone is always looking for some kind of part that someone else has. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 841 | i have had trouble selling those 3 speeds for anything at all. i'm sure, you find the right person..... i think you should try, but you might have to give it away or sell it for a pretty nominal fee. not trying to be a naysayer, just what luck i have had. i don't think they even sell on ebay for the price of shipping do they? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 637 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 637 | I have one of those old 3 speed floor shift transmissions, they are hardly worth the trouble unless you are doing a restoration. I doubt you could sell it for as much as it would cost to ship it off. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 56 | Thanks, that's what I thought too. I might just cut the shifter off at the bottom, and weld it to the shifter for the Sag, so it'll look like stock, then just keep the tranny packed away in case anyone needs it.
As far as the rear and torque tube, I'll see how much room I have to store it, until a need for it arises.
1947 Chevy 3100 - Shop truck - 250 L6/T5/4.10's 1970 Chevy Camaro - Rotisserie jail
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | My experience is that selling some of the really old stuff is more trouble than its worth.
So instead of trying to make money I focus instead on trying to make sure it gets into the hands of someone who will use it, while trying to minimize the trouble I go through...
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 1,377 | After I put a T-5 and modern rear end in my 37 I advertised all the left over parts and a restorer bought it all,dont scrap it since there might be someone looking for those parts and remember they dont make those parts any more. I was glad to see all those parts being used again. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 | Tranny: GIVE IT AWAY to a farmer or farm supply w/ 'FREE" for their field operations or pump house
Rear End: i got 6bucks for scrap for mine
Last edited by carolines truck; 01/26/2009 3:31 PM.
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | |
| |