| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
73
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 | Did search on this, didn't find solid answer. Can somebody verify for me that the original bolts holding the rear motor mounts to the frame cross member on the 216 were in fact: 7/16-fine thread, with a cotter pin hole, and a matching, "castelated" nut? And what washers where? Lock washers, I'm guessing . . . THANKS!!! -Michael | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 176 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 176 | Perhaps oddly, mine had a regular nut with the cotter pin and I have no reason to believe it is not original. Heres a picture. The bolt has a "P" on the head. The bolt and lockwasher were coated with black oxide and the nut and pin were bare. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 581 | kingisomer,
Thanks! That helps a lot. My bolt is actually about 3.5 inches long, but looks identical in all other respects. I suspect the difference in length is that mine is on a 1.5-ton chassis. Prob. bigger truck with a bigger frame requires a longer bolt.
I found two regular nuts in my "pile",but just assumed with the cotter pin hole it would use a castle nut. I guess that's not necessary! I didn't know until I started looking for them, that 7/16th bolts are such an odd size. (can't find 'em in the local hardware store, or even Home Depot/Lowes). Glad I found mine!
-Michael | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,048 | Kingisomer, mine look exactly like yours including the "P" and standard nut | | |
| |
| |