The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Wayne67vert, Southerntruck, Guitplayer, Napco Man), 106 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,477
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Did search on this, didn't find solid answer.

Can somebody verify for me that the original bolts holding the rear motor mounts to the frame cross member on the 216 were in fact:

7/16-fine thread, with a cotter pin hole, and a matching, "castelated" nut? And what washers where? Lock washers, I'm guessing . . .

THANKS!!! smile

-Michael



Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 176
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 176
Perhaps oddly, mine had a regular nut with the cotter pin and I have no reason to believe it is not original. Heres a picture. The bolt has a "P" on the head. The bolt and lockwasher were coated with black oxide and the nut and pin were bare.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
kingisomer,

Thanks! That helps a lot. My bolt is actually about 3.5 inches long, but looks identical in all other respects. I suspect the difference in length is that mine is on a 1.5-ton chassis. Prob. bigger truck with a bigger frame requires a longer bolt.

I found two regular nuts in my "pile",but just assumed with the cotter pin hole it would use a castle nut. I guess that's not necessary! I didn't know until I started looking for them, that 7/16th bolts are such an odd size. (can't find 'em in the local hardware store, or even Home Depot/Lowes). Glad I found mine!

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,048
Kingisomer, mine look exactly like yours including the "P" and standard nut


1941 Chevy Master 3/4-Ton
In the Gallery
More images in the Bolt Bucket

Born to fish, the truck is only a hobby.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0