The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (NAPCOStormTrpr, 1955 1 Series, joe apple, klhansen, GRNHydra, DBJ71SuperCustom, dt235sd, Opelika Tom), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,286
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49482 08/25/2005 7:00 PM
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
I'm considering putting front disc brakes on my '41 1/2t PU...are the spindles for a '41-46 the samwe size as an AD 1/2t? Will these Disc Brake kits (ie. CPP or MP Brakes)fit on a stock '41 front end?


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 50
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 50
Disc brake kits are available for just about all years...I bought a kit for my 37 from chassis engineering for around $110 and the rotors, bearings, and calipers were about another $120. Later

Dave


Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes!
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
I got mine from ECI and I am happy with them. They show the same kit for 41 to 54 for the straight axle.

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,224
I used Master Power Brakes for '37 and was happy with it. Buy the whole kit, that way everything is new and matched by the supplier. Also, get the mastercylinder from them so it matches as well. I ended up with three different cylinders and still not really happy with the way it works. Its drivable, but I think it could be better.

Joe


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0