The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Jon G, 2-Ton, lumbersawyer), 46 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,083
Posts1,056,331
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 90
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 90
I'm now working on the standard steering and ordering front end bits to replace the 50+ years old stuff. I'm also pulling the springs for re-work and while its all apart I might as well consider everything. No IFS money right now. Are there good quality up-graded tie rod ends (or any other bits) for the AD 48-54 3100 trucks?? If so what is the differences between those on the market? What else should I look at that may have worn out over the years that may cause problems & needs replacement? Which company(ies) sells them?
gooday
thanks
jim


Gooday
Jim

small wheel moves by fire and rod,
big wheel fires by the grace of god,
everytime that wheel turns round,
bound to cover just a little more ground.
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Yes there are upgraded tie rod ends available. I just put them on my 55-II. I got them from either Chevy-Duty or LMC. I can,t remember which. I am close to both. The were a little onery to put on. You have to remove the stud from the steering arms. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 81
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 81
I am just north of KC about an hour or so... where is Chevy Duty located?


Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's go racin boys.
Drive fast, turn left. GO #20.

Real trucks where bowties.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Go to your local parts store and ask for Moog part # ES29R and ES29L. These are the new ones you want. There are numerous web sites which show you how to replace your existing with these.
Bill


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
olblu49
cause i have not heard of moog. i did a search
moog recall of suspension parts ???????????
this may NOT be the same thing but worth looking into....
http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-content-17978.html

http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-content-48128.html


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
Jim, Moog is a pretty respectible hard parts line. I think they`re sold through NAPA. Try the guys at Riebes in Grass Valley, Or Colfax, they should be able to fix you up.


unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Chevy-Duty is near where I-29, I-635 & 9 high. come together on the north side of KC area. The shop I work out of is near there. Carquest caries the Moog line but those parts were discontinued the last time I tried to get some there. You might try them though sometimes these parts guys don,t know or don,t care.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
I have some of those tie rod ends ES29 R+L new. $22 ea. [email protected]

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I think it is the Brother's truck site that has an article on the upgrade that you are talking about. The newer style drag link does not go on the pre 53 models so you are in luck.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0