| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (CuzzFuzz),
83
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,135 Posts1,056,423 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 | Can't believe there's no answer for this yet.
All others are pretty obvious, but cr. (ex. "NAT. BLK CR. TR.") could stand for cream but are there any other ideas? Nat. (or natural) is obviously some kind of white (correct?), but my old wire can't be that tan colored due to aging alone. So, is natural a white or a cream or a tanish white, or something else?
I think natural means un-dyed, so what color was the cloth un-dyed?
Dave
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | GMCdp, I can't take any credit for this info other than I was interested and did some searching. As your rig seems to be a GMC, I went to their site and dug around. This is what I think I discovered. The 'cr' you are searching for isn't a color, but a tracer in a 'X angle'...a 'cross tracer' hence the 'cr'. A hypothetical wire color would be; Nat.blk cr tr. This would translate to a natural color wire with a black cross tracer. Does this sound like it might be the straight skinny. Take a look at the GMC site and I have enclosed a link that's interesting too. http://www.riwire.com/Catalogs/sup/pages/wire.htmStuart | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 | Man, I was hoping no one replied to this, yet. Last night I earned the blonde of the day award when I started taking apart my gauge cluster and noticed a cross traced wire...
cr. definately stands for cross. Thanks, though, automarc.
Any ideas out there about what color "natural" is?
Dave
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 | Google cloth covered wire. If you spend some time looking at the places that sell vintage wire they list all the abreviations. I love the look of the lacquer coated cloth wire, but the cost was out of my price range for a non all original restoration. | | |
| |
| |