The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (chemanic, Otto Skorzeny, Mike Roache), 76 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,418
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
Can't believe there's no answer for this yet.

All others are pretty obvious, but cr. (ex. "NAT. BLK CR. TR.") could stand for cream but are there any other ideas? Nat. (or natural) is obviously some kind of white (correct?), but my old wire can't be that tan colored due to aging alone. So, is natural a white or a cream or a tanish white, or something else?

I think natural means un-dyed, so what color was the cloth un-dyed?


Dave
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
GMCdp,

I can't take any credit for this info other than I was interested and did some searching. As your rig seems to be a GMC, I went to their site and dug around.

This is what I think I discovered. The 'cr' you are searching for isn't a color, but a tracer in a 'X angle'...a 'cross tracer' hence the 'cr'.

A hypothetical wire color would be; Nat.blk cr tr. This would translate to a natural color wire with a black cross tracer.

Does this sound like it might be the straight skinny. Take a look at the GMC site and I have enclosed a link that's interesting too.

http://www.riwire.com/Catalogs/sup/pages/wire.htm


Stuart

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 203
Man, I was hoping no one replied to this, yet. Last night I earned the blonde of the day award when I started taking apart my gauge cluster and noticed a cross traced wire...

cr. definately stands for cross. Thanks, though, automarc.

Any ideas out there about what color "natural" is?


Dave
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Google cloth covered wire. If you spend some time looking at the places that sell vintage wire they list all the abreviations. I love the look of the lacquer coated cloth wire, but the cost was out of my price range for a non all original restoration.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0