The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,441
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48649 08/03/2005 12:35 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
I need help finding a rebuild kit (all the bearings and seal) for what I call a trigger transmission (4-speed tranmission with the lever on the shifter cane to engage reverse). I am new to Chevrolet ownership (previously Dodge and Jeep
experience) so please go easy on me. Also I don't want to convert to a newer model transmission.


Insert clever statement here:
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Try Jeff at www.bowtiebits.com . Not in his online catalog, but I think he has the parts you need. I don't think that anyone puts together a kit like you ask. Best thing to do is inspect the bearings and replace the bad ones.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
I have gasket sets, new gears and shafts, but i dont think i have the bearings. Will check.

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 242
Call Northwest Transmission at 937-442-2811,good people to deal with, they should have everything you need.


1942 G5106 1.5-ton Chevy cargo dump Gallery page




Old Dominion Stovebolt Society
T/Sgt. Gott (28 years of service with the USPP)
1940 Chevy G506 4112 cargo dump
1942 Diamond T G509 969A 4 ton wrecker
1942 Ward LaFrance G116 series 2 10 ton wrecker
1944 Ward LaFrance G116 series 5 10 ton wrecker
1931 Ford AA with a WEAVER crane
1944 Sterling HC 165 tractor
1944 Autocar U7144T w/ 10 ton trailer
#48653 08/05/2005 12:25 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
I will try these sources, Thanks guys!


Insert clever statement here:
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 165
I have checked and i have 4 of the 5 bearings that are in that trans.

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 27
Thanks chevyb I would be interested in purchasing the bearings, which bearings do you have and what is the price for the set. I realize shipping will be extra. Also sometimes I don't get near the computer on weekends, so it may be a couple of days until I get back to you. Thanks


Insert clever statement here:

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0