The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shaffer's1950, Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, TexasA&M48Truck), 127 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484998 12/22/2008 3:02 AM
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
I just put up a Tech Tip by Pat"ddautoparts" Doonan that I think some of you would find totally impressive. Pat has done a thorough job of researching the external mounted oil filters and the differences from year to year.

Take a look and be sure to give him some feedback.

This was 33 pages long with over 60 images. It includes instruction sheets and info on mounting brackets.

Outstanding job. He was wanting to share ... are we're glad he did.

thumbs_up

Peggy


~ One of many.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Thanks very much, Peggy. The version of that excellent information on dd's site was missing pictures.

Tim

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
What a fantastic job! Great work and I already see that it's going to cost me if I want the correct filter and color.

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
This represents a great deal of time and work on Pat's part. Those who use this research will certainly be grateful.


~Jim
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 319
"Totally impressive" is a good start to describing this effort. I love the research and the presentation. Thanks for making it so accessible to the rest of us.


"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 12
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I really appreciate it. I hope some of you out there can use this info I've collected, especially those of you who are as anal as I am about having the right, period correct, parts on my vehicles. Everyone needs to give Peggy a "Thank You" also for the time and effort she put into it to getting it on this site. She spent an awful lot of her time making this happen, and needs to be recognized for it.

Pat Doonan

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 188
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 188
Pat,

Great information, I'm truly impressed. You confirmed that I accidentally bought and installed the correct item on my '54.

Your are right about the sellers on eBay. Some know what they are selling and some are guessing.

Don

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
outstanding tech tip!!!

Thanks for the hard work Pat and Ms. Peggy.

-W


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0