| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Greg_H),
119
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,184 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 1,159 | I just put up a Tech Tip by Pat"ddautoparts" Doonan that I think some of you would find totally impressive. Pat has done a thorough job of researching the external mounted oil filters and the differences from year to year. Take a look and be sure to give him some feedback. This was 33 pages long with over 60 images. It includes instruction sheets and info on mounting brackets. Outstanding job. He was wanting to share ... are we're glad he did.  Peggy
~ One of many.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Thanks very much, Peggy. The version of that excellent information on dd's site was missing pictures.
Tim
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 700 | What a fantastic job! Great work and I already see that it's going to cost me if I want the correct filter and color.
Don My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery My Photo AlbumBut I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it. Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | This represents a great deal of time and work on Pat's part. Those who use this research will certainly be grateful.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 319 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 319 | "Totally impressive" is a good start to describing this effort. I love the research and the presentation. Thanks for making it so accessible to the rest of us.
"Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 12 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the positive comments guys. I really appreciate it. I hope some of you out there can use this info I've collected, especially those of you who are as anal as I am about having the right, period correct, parts on my vehicles. Everyone needs to give Peggy a "Thank You" also for the time and effort she put into it to getting it on this site. She spent an awful lot of her time making this happen, and needs to be recognized for it.
Pat Doonan | | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 188 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 188 | Pat,
Great information, I'm truly impressed. You confirmed that I accidentally bought and installed the correct item on my '54.
Your are right about the sellers on eBay. Some know what they are selling and some are guessing.
Don | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | outstanding tech tip!!!
Thanks for the hard work Pat and Ms. Peggy.
-W | | |
| |
| |