The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100, tclederman, Forty9), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,257
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
Sorry, I'm celebrating a little cool. Anytime I can make a little progress it's a bit of a victory. I finally got the instrument panel for my '63 C20 back together tonight. Check it out: Clean Panel

I tore apart the panel and carefully scrubbed everything. I stripped and painted the bezel. I also replaced the speedometer for a working one. Now to finish getting the cab cleaned so I can reinstall this puppy smile


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Bears63,

You did a beautiful job, it looks like new. What are the two small red indicators on the left and right of the speedo?

Stuart

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
Thanks Stuart. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. As for the red indicators, the one on the right of the speedometer is the over speed indicator and the one on the left is the tandem lock indicator. They are unused on my truck, of course, but there for the trucks that need 'em.

Last edited by Bears63; 12/18/2008 6:27 AM.

1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Nice job Mike! thumbs_up

I got the ones from my '50 if you want to try your hand on them! grin

Jock


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Wow! Looks great!

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Looking good Mike! I wish my dash came out for service like that!


~Jim
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
That looks sweet !!!!!!!!!!


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 102
Bears63,

Any secrets to your success with your instrument panel rebuild?

NorthDM


1961 Chevy C10 Stepside

In the Gallery
On my web site
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
Thanks for the oomments. I certainly feel even better about how it turned out now. As to any secrets, I really don't have any. This instrument panel was in great shape to begin with, just filthy dirty and needing the speedometer replaced. All I did was take my time, be very careful when scrubbing, and didn't rush the painting of the bezel. These panels are great to work on since they come apart so easily. I didn't have any major snags, so I was pretty lucky in that respect.


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0