The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Lucas, Eileen, Mike'sPlace), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484238 12/20/2008 1:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
I have a 66 Burb with a 292 in it. I'm originally from the East Coast, now in California. When I got to looking at the motor, I was surprised to find a smog pump on a 66 6 Cylinder. My first thought from days gone by, was to heave that thing over the bank.

On second thought, if you remove the pump and plug the related hoses and holes, will this motor still run properly, or are the internals differant from a none smog motor?

Will it run better without it, or best to leave it alone?

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 96
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 96
It will run fine without it. I am modifying the smog pump mounting bracket to mount my AC compressor.


Kevin
http://community.webshots.com/user/49chevyman?vhost=community
"The only people who do not make mistakes, are people who do not do anything."

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0