The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (IHPWR, David Bush, Gdads51), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 22
L
Apprentice
Apprentice
L Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 22
I'm restoring a 55.1 3100 pickup. I removed the radio years ago. Someone had already removed the tubes and put them in the glove box. I just figured I would have to replace it. Reading your posts got me excited about possible restoration of the radio. How do they sound? This one looks in good shape with just a little dust. It is great to have some posts to guide us through some restorations. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
That radio is a very capable radio. I worked one of those last year and it really sounded nice when it was done. It is also an easy one to work on. There is a tech tip to guide you through initial testing. Peobably the best course is to replace all the paper capacitors and the electrolytic ones and that is usually the major work required. I can guide you through these procedures either online or by Email.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Trust me they are easy to work on- I am working my way through my 1950 radio and it is not bad, and I can't wait to hear it.




1949 Chevy 4400 Big Red
1949 Chevy 3600 Bob's Truck
1949 Chevy 3100 The Investment
1949 Chevy 3800 the Won Ton


Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0